Invisible thread

>> Monday 22 February 2010

On my last trip to Hobbycraft Katie pointed out some invisible thread. It was about £2.70 for the reel which I thought was quite expensive and wasn't going to buy it, but then I thought of all the finishing off I have to do when hand-sewing my Patchies and decided perhaps invisible thread would make it look far neater and more professional. I ended up buying some. I see it is far, far cheaper to purchase on E-bay and probably elsewhere!

Used it last night and had to turn the lights up really high in order to actually see what I was doing! It really is invisible, and can get you into trouble if you're not careful! My first attempt at sewing in an Ellie's Treasures tag wasn't exactly brilliant - I'd left loops of the thread protruding for some strange reason. Second attempt was perfect, but I had to constantly feel where the thread was. The end recently was lovely, just as I'd hoped and I can thoroughly recommend it, as long as your eyes can stand working close to your sewing with bright lights blazing!!

3 comments:

Sam 22 February 2010 at 14:38  

Think that would have to be daylight-only sewing :-)

Elaine, Ellies Treasures 22 February 2010 at 20:14  

I think you're right. I use it again this afternoon and got on much better with it!

Lock Family 26 February 2010 at 12:20  

Hi!!

I've just nominated you for a Sunshine Award on my Blog. I hope you will accept it and pass it on!

Please see my blog: http://www.woollylakes.blogspot.com for more details..

Thanks xx

Would like to thank all the lovely people who have offered me a Sunshine Blog Award, I'm really touched and have displayed the award on my Our Day blog page. Elaine x
.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP