Which aisle would be your favourite?

>> Wednesday 10 February 2010

When I first saw the big notice board on the road out of Peterborough a month ago that read "opening soon ... Hobbycraft" - I whooped with joy and longed to find out exactly when it was going to open. I'd visited the Milton Keynes store many moons ago and had thoroughly enjoyed the event, although I wasn't so into crafts then and came away with nout LOL! I knew this time, it would be a different story.

Opening day was last weekend, 6th Feb. Unfortunately other commitments stopped me from going (which was probably a good thing as I found out the queues were unbelieveable and police had to be pulled in to get things sorted!!). Paul needed to go to Peterborough on Tuesday afternoon so it was the perfect opportunity to pack everyone into the car and head that way too. He didn't mind being dragged around a craft store before his appointment, as long a there was a cuppa at the end of it!

Actually he enjoyed looking in all the other shops at the centre. We all liked the big garden centre, Van Hage, full of fabulous wantables (as I call them) and a lovely cafe too with yummy cakes and moreish tea and coffee.

Anyway, getting back to the point. Hobbycraft. Which aisle?

Well, Paul wasn't keen on anything really, but he was very good and didn't try and hurry us up at all.

Ben had to be dragged away from the Hornby section announcing that he'd be saving his miniscule monthly pocket money to build a huge Hornby train set which, apparently, wouldn't take long as the trains are really cheap "only £199" for one of them!!

Katie headed off to the ribbon area. I admit, this was fabulous. Every colour, size and pattern one could wish for and some good deals too I thought on complete reels. She got 3m ribbon reels, one in baby blue with white decoration and another in white with purple hearts, each for 99p, but she didn't stop there! She also bought some lovely patterned ribbon in various colours off the reel - all to make mini headcollars for her model horses.

And me, well let me think (could quite easily say all of it!). Ribbons were good, but I find when faced with too much of something I can't actually decide on anything! The beads, charms and buttons aisle was probably my fav (and certainly the busiest). The array was vast and unique - I could have spent an absolute fortune.

The whole shop was brilliant to wander around and ponder.

Have you got a Hobbycraft near you? Check out their website; if you've no local store you can order online and if that's not your cup-of-tea, you can pick up some great crafting ideas instead.

4 comments:

Admin 10 February 2010 at 21:27  

I love Hobbycraft but I am always disappointed with the staff. I expect them to be friendly and helpful like people in the Folksy forums but most of the time they're not and I'm always a little bit gutted!!

My favourite aisle? errrm it's a tough choice between all the cake tins/cases/icing aisle and the paper aisle!!

Cinnamon Jewellery 11 February 2010 at 10:41  

I visited the Hobbycraft store in Gateshead when I visited relatives last year. Let's just say I spent an awfully long time in the bead aisle! What made it even better was the fact they also sold chocolate!
Tracy

Sam 12 February 2010 at 21:17  

I like the idea of Hobbycraft, but I always feel a bit let down by the prices. eg. a lino cutting set (blades and handle) which costs no more than £5 anywhere online - was £18 in Hobbycraft! Why?

Nice to be able to see (and stroke) everything though ;-)

I am inspired 17 February 2010 at 13:22  

Hobbycraft is the best shop in Romford - the only place where you can get all your crafty goodies under one roof. I was introduced to it when I spent ages one Saturday trying to find bits to re-piece some old jewellery together. Someone suggested Hobbycraft and I've never looked back. I'm sure you'll be popping in on every occasion : )

Would like to thank all the lovely people who have offered me a Sunshine Blog Award, I'm really touched and have displayed the award on my Our Day blog page. Elaine x
.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP